Monday 13 October 2008

TMTA - Ophelia

The challenge this week at TMTA is 'Ophelia'. I don't have any Ophelia stamps so I used my 'rose' stamp from Stamp-It as I thought she looked a bit like a Shakespearean character. I stamped her with Fired Brick Distress Ink and blended the colours slightly with water, the skin tone was painted with tattered Rose Distress Ink and the background was stamped using Peeled Paint Distress Ink (the brown touches were doodled with an 'Apricot' coloured Pro Marker pen. I added a flower headband with tiny Prima flowers and brads and did some faux stitching around the edge. I don't like to think of Ophelia drowning so I thought I would have her dreaming instead!
Thanks for looking! Please leave your comments so I can come and visit you too!

Love Becky xx

14 comments:

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Good choice of stamps -- it's beautiful!

Audrey said...

Beautiful atc!

Sid said...

Very nice colours and overall effect !!

Astrid Maclean said...

She looks beautiful, and very Ophelia like! Love the dreamy quality

Luna und Luzie said...

That looks like Ophelia. Lovely! Beautiful stamp!

Faye said...

Becky, this looks like the Ophelia stamps others have used. I think adding the flowers in her hair really adds to the Ophelia-era look. Gorgeous.

Kris Dickinson said...

This is beautiful! Such a lovely Ophelia!

http://truutske.blogspot.com said...

It's beautiful. I love the color Ophelia.

Scrappelise said...

Very beautiful ! And I like the colours very much!

Nancy B said...

Your Rose looks lovely as Ophelia. I love your doodling too.

indybev said...

This is a gorgeous Ophelia! ....and a beautiful blog, by the way! Come visit my blog. Our Ophelias are opposire ends of the conundrum!

Moni said...

Ein tolles ATC!!!

Cat said...

She makes a wonderful Ophelia....lovely card!

Angie C said...

Beautiful Ophelia ATC - love the stamp you used